- Monkey is kind of a b*tch, and isn’t friendly very to guests or toddlers. Jack needed a cat to love.
- I wanted a kitten. They’re cute, cuddly and they come fully potty trained.
- We go away a lot and I always feel bad leaving anti-social Monkey alone for a week/weekend.
But this is what we got out of getting a new cat:
- Monkey who used to over-eat (to the point of puking) about once in a while was over-eating almost daily, finally we got fed up and switched to dye-free cat food hoping it would just make for easier clean up. Now we’re living barf free. (Don’t ask me why I was buying cat food with dyes in it…)
- Monkey is so much more social! To the 3 of us at least.
- Jack has a kitty cat buddy who tolerates smothering hugs, pretend vet care, getting fallen down on, pokes to the eyes, ears and whiskers for anatomy lessons.
- Lap Cat!
- Admittedly it’s not all rainbows and tra la la here in kitten-ville, we’re also breaking a BAD human-food-eating habit and stealing of stuffed animals that are as large as the kitten, which means few animals are safe from capture.